Saturday, February 19, 2011

Book #7: Dearly Devoted Dexter

The second book in the Dexter series, Dearly Devoted Dexter (honestly, I can't tell them apart, their titles all run together for me because of the author's fondness for alliteration) is pretty swell. I happily discovered this book took quite a departure from the show as I was not at all familiar with the storyline. And maybe because it does get pretty groteseque... I don't like Deborah in the books though, she's nothing but a bitch (I don't like her in the show either but that's because she and Dexter hooked up off screen, but....now they're divorced) and Doakes meets his demise in a much more horrifying and torturous way than in the show. Good times.

However I found faults with the storyline, like if Dexter and Deb are chasing this serial killer, then why the hell isn't Miami PD involved. Why is Dexter hunting down Doakes on his own? These statements will probably mean absolutely nothing to you unless you've read it, so please go read it and then we can discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment