Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Book #26: Before I Go to Sleep

First, let me preface this by saying I think I'm going through reader's block. It's kinda like writer's block but not an officially coined term.
I just made it up.
But I'm having difficulty reading and am not sure if it's because the literature itself is lacking or some other blockage yet to be determined.
Enough about me though...

There's a promotional quote about this book: "like Memento on crystal meth".  This may come as a shock, but I've never done crystal meth. I have however seen Memento and was looking forward to the comparison of being on crystal meth because I'm a librarian and we research these kinds of things.
Sounds like fun.
I would probably say it's more like Memento with milk and honey though.
Poor woman has amnesia and wakes up every day not knowing what's going on.
Sucks, right?
So she starts to write it all down to help her remember, and the process of the writing makes the story a bit redundant. The whole book has this flatline quality to it with a predictable (for me at least) twist at the end that ties it all up in a nice, neat package.
Yeah, sorry, didn't care for it much, however I hear it's the "psychological thriller of the year!" about to be made into a movie.
There's a shocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment